The good news is that in version 1.1 of tcWebHooks, it got whole lot easier.
- Install the latest tcWebHooks 1.1 (or higher) plugin into TeamCity.
- Create an incoming webhook in slack.
- Create a webhook in TeamCity and choose from one of the Slack payload formats
- That’s it!
Bundled Slack WebHook Templates
As of the time of writing (December 2017), there are two Slack specific webhook templates bundled with a tcWebHooks release.
1. The “Slack.com JSON templates” payload format has templates which produce a message in slack with some information about the build.
2. The “Slack.com Compact Notification” has templates which produce a more compact notification.
If neither of those are right for you, it’s possible to create your own template by either copying an existing one, or creating a new one.
A WebHook Template is a predefined payload that can be reused with multiple webhook configurations. I’ve prepared a few to get you started, but it’s very easy to modify them or create your own. The ones bundled with tcWebHooks include: