The MythStatus Screenlet polls the XML info page of MythTV’s backend (normally port 6544), and parses the XML information to display the status of your backend. It shows the next ten upcoming recordings, highlighting in red, any that are currently recording.
It also shows Last Guide Update status, a disk space graph, Load Average and Temperature as provided by MythTV’s XML status page.
The default theme (MePo) uses the MePo character from the Media Portal project. The MePo character was designed by Glenn Melenhorst and is used with permission. The concept of the MePo theme is from the MePo MythTV theme by zdzisekg.
Please be nice, it’s my first Python App, my first ScreenLet, and first time I’ve done any rendering stuff in Cairo.
UPDATE5: MythStatusScreenlet v0.2.1 release
– MythTv 0.23 support
UPDATE4: MythStatusScreenlet v0.2.0 release
– MythTv 0.22 support
UPDATE3: MythStatysScreenlet v0.1.1 release
– Element placings and colours/font loaded from theme.conf
– DBus notifications on Recording Start/End
– Options defined in code, rather than XML config file since some users were having problems with it.
UPDATE2: MythStatusScreenlet v0.0.3 released.
– No longer uses xpath, so should now work in Hardy
UPDATE: MythStatusScreenlet v0.0.2 released.
– Tested on Screenlets 0.0.14
– Now supports MythTV 0.20 and 0.21 xml formats
– Better handling when backend goes away/comes back